FORCED ?

Ese Oruru, the 14-year-old Bayelsa teenager who
was kidnapped to Kano and recently released,
has made startling revelations about her stay in
the northern state.

The teenager, who was only yesterday, united with
her parents, is said to be five months pregnant, a
development which was soon confirmed by her
father, Charles Oruru, during a recent interview.
Ese Oruru, the 14-year-old teenager who was
allegedly abducted and married by a Kano man,
makes startling revelations.

The young girl spoke with The Sun in an exclusive
interview shortly after her reunion with her
parents, both of whom had been worried, where
she made starling revelations about how she got to
the ancient city and how she became very fluent in
Hausa language.

Naij.com has compiled the top ten things that Miss
Oruru said during the interview and present them
below:
1. Asked how and why she followed Yinusa Inuwa to
Kano, she said: “I just followed him. I don’t know
how I followed him.”

2. On people’s belief that she deliberately
absconded with the man, Miss Oruru retorted: “I
know that we used to play with all of them, our
customers that come to buy food from our shop.
There is nobody that is different. I sell food to
all of them and I laugh with all of them.”

3. On how she got to Kano and started living there,
Ese said: “We traveled to Kura the next day with
one man like that. He is the chief of the town.
When we got there, they took me to one place
and there they gave me hijab; they put it on me.
And after that, they took me to one house in
Kura. And from there on Monday, in the
morning, we went back to the Emir’s Palace in
Kano; then in the afternoon, we traveled back to
Kura, to stay in the house.”

4. She also explained what happened at the Emir’s
palace, saying: “At the Emir’s Palace, they were
asking him questions. They did not talk to me.
They did not ask me anything, but they were
asking him. Then they were speaking in Hausa
language and I did not understand the language
very well that time; so I didn’t understand what
they were saying.”

5. On the purported wedding ceremony between
her and her said lover, Ese noted vehemently that,
“No, I did not get married to anybody.”

6. Ese also explained her conversion story thus:
“They took me to one place. Before they took me
from the house to Kura, they put me in hijab,
then we went to Kura. When we got there, they
went to one place, and one old man came there
and he would say something and they would say
I should repeat. Then I would repeat. If the man
said something again, they would say I should
repeat and I would repeat just like that.”

7. While adding credence to claims she may have
been hypnotised, the teenager said: “Medicine? I
don’t know. But if they put it in water or food…
They used to give me something, but I don’t
know if it is water they used to prepare it. But if
I am not well, they would buy medicine for me
and I would take. But it was not those types of
native medicine. It was from the pharmacy.”

8. So, what will she tell Yinusa if she sees him? She
broke down in tears saying: “I tell you I’m
confused. I don’t know what to do.”

9. Ese is now very fluent in Hausa, but how did she
learn it? Was she taught specially? She says: “No. It
is because the people there speak only Hausa.
They don’t understand English. And when they
spoke, I didn’t understand; so I tried and
struggled so I could understand what they were
saying and communicate with them. That was
how I learnt the language.”

10. Parting shot for young girls of her age bracket:
“They should be careful. They should be careful
with the people they play with or talk with,
because it’s not everybody that is good.”

Comments